Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

october update

October has come and is soon to be gone. I thought it was a good month. Nothing like Ben said it would be. In fact, I'd say it's been my best month yet. My relationship with my students are getting better and I'm finally seeing some improvement in my student's scores. I failed 60 or so kids and that seemed to wake most of them up to the fact that my class isn't going to be easy. Most of them failed because they weren't doing any work, not because they were unable. I gave a quiz last week and there were more A's and B's than any other grades combined. Classroom management is under control. The adminstration is very supportive of my decision to hold detention. If a student skips, he's suspended. End of story. I've started playing basketball with some students after school on Thursdays. It's a lot of fun to hang out with the students outside of the classroom.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?